Pitchers Plate: 45′
- Games will be 6 innings in length (unless shortened by time limit).
- 15 players per roster maximum. Players may only be rostered on one tournament team.
- Copies of birth certificates must be presented at check-in and must be available during the course of the tournament.
- Everyone will play a minimum of 5 games (weather permitting).
- Each team will provide 1 game ball for each game. A tournament coordinator will provide game balls for every team at the start of tournament.
- Individual awards for 1st and 2nd place winners. All participants will receive tournament keychain.
- The diamond shall not be used by either team prior to the start of the game. All warmups should be in the outfield grass or outside of the foul lines within the infield.
- Pitchers will be allowed to pitch no more than 2 innings per game.
- Pitchers must be removed if they hit two batters in the same inning or three batters total during the game.
- 1 pitch constitutes 1 inning pitched.
- Pitcher must be removed after second coach’s visit in an inning.
- Base stealing (including home) is allowed. Stealing after a walk (continuation of the walk) is not allowed.
- Lead-offs are not allowed. Base runners must wait until the pitched ball reaches home plate. Runners who are caught leaving early will be called out. Warnings will not be issued.
- The dropped 3rd strike rule is not in effect
- The infield fly rule is not in effect.
- Players must slide to avoid contact or may be called out (umpires judgement).
- The maximum allowed runs per inning is 6 except for the final inning. Teams are not limited in the final inning. The final inning may be called early by the umpire due to time constraints.
- Slaughter rule is 12 runs after 4 innings (3½ if home team is winning) and 10 runs after 5 innings (4½ if home team is winning).
- Home team (or team listed second) occupies 3rd base dugout. Visitor (or team listed first) occupies 1st base dugout.
- Must start game with at least 9 players and end with at least 9 players. Failure to do so will result in a forfeit.
- All managers must submit their lineup to the opposing manager before the game starts.
- Players in uniform may not sit more than 2 consecutive innings.
- A continuous batting order will be used and free defensive substitution is allowed.
- Play is dead when the ball is in a player’s possession (and held) inside the imaginary pitcher’s circle (umpires judgement). Base runners will be awarded the next base if they are more than 1/2 of the way when play is called dead (umpires judgment).
- Any player that leaves before the end of the game will be an out; injured players will be skipped in the lineup. If a player is skipped in the batting order then he may not return.
- Players may not wear any type of jewelry including watches, rings, pins, earrings, etc. Necklaces/chains are approved as long as they are hidden inside the jersey.
- Players arriving late to the game may be added to the end of the batting order but must be there before the end of the lineup has batted or they cannot play.
- Pitchers are allowed 5 warm-up pitches between innings. New pitchers are allowed 8 warm-up pitches.
- Teams may pull their catcher from base and replace him with the last batted or fielded out at any time. Catchers MUST be replaced with the last batted or fielded out when there are 2 outs.
- All bats are legal (bring it and swing it). Preferred bats should be stamped with USA or USSSA. Wood bats are also allowed.
- Games must go a minimum of 4 innings (3½ if home team is winning) to be considered as have reached regulation.
- All games have a time limit (except Championship) … a new inning cannot be started after 1 hour 45 minutes. Games may end in a tie during pool play (if played to regulation) but must be played to completion during bracket play.
- The “California Rule” is in effect for tie games after regulation or if the time limit has been reached during bracket play. The last out from the previous inning (last batter) starts on 2nd base with 1 out. All batters will start with a 1-1 count. When the California rule is in effect, the catcher may not be pulled from base to prepare for the next inning.
- Ground rules will be discussed by umpire(s) and coaches prior to the game.
- There will be a 10 minute grace period after the scheduled start time for teams who do not have 9 players at game time. The game will be declared a forfeit after this grace period.
- Games decided by forfeit will be recorded as 6-0.
- Intentional walks are allowed. The plate umpire must be notified and no pitches are required.
- There is a maximum of four coaches allowed in the dugout including the scorekeeper.
- If any discrepancies occur during a game, a tournament coordinator will decide the outcome before play resumes. This is only for rules, not umpire calls.
- Scorekeepers must verify score after each inning.
- Lightning Rule: When thunder is heard or a cloud-to-ground lightning bolt is seen, play shall be suspended for at least 20 minutes. Any subsequent thunder or lightning after the beginning of the 20 minute count shall reset the clock and another 20 minute count shall begin.
– Head to Head (if only two teams)
– Total runs allowed
– Total runs scored
– Coin Flip